OrthodoxChristianDating.com was developed to help Orthodox Christians throughout the world find each other, through a safe, secure, and convenient environment. While members who appear to be less than honest about their intentions for joining the site will be removed, it is important that you be cautious as you get to know people online. Therefore we offer the following suggestions for your dating safety.
- Be patient: Do not reveal any person information that could expose your identity until you are confident that it is safe. Take your time, and trust your instincts.
- Be honest: Be truthful in your personal profile and your online communications.
- Ask for a photo: If a photo is not posted, ask for one, and be sure that it is recent.
- Phone first: Talk on the phone before meeting.
- Meeting: Meet only when you are ready, and meet in a safe, public place. It is better to not have the person pick you up at your place, so take separate cars at first. Also tell a friend where you are going and who you’re meeting.
- Use common sense: Remember, you are ultimately responsible for your own safety. If you feel something is not right, listen to your intuition and get out of the situation. If you’re comfortable after your first meeting, you can gradually give your companion more information.